Sunday, October 5, 2014

High Dynamic Range Photography

HDR Final Shots 

ISO 200 f/22 Shutter Speeds 1/8 1/30 1/125
This Photo I consider as my leading lines because the bench is showing vertical lines from left to right and there is very vibrant colors and I loved the way that this turned out after I edited it because there is many different things that catch my eye when I first look at it, I took this picture in my backyard and I chose to take it there because theres a lot of landscaping throughout my yard and I loved the way there was so much near the bench that catches your eye. When I was little I always used to go sit on that bench with my dad on summer nights and we would look at stars and it was a good memory to think about.

ISO 400 f/5.6 Shutter Speeds 1/6 1/30 1/250
This photo was also taken in my backyard and I think of this as the Framing photo because I took the picture through my deck looking into part of my backyard and the outcome of it I really liked, even though theres sun shining through I liked my Shed in the background because I think that its eye catching. 


ISO 400 f/36 1/30 1/60 /1300
I took this photo near White Rock Acres in Dillsburg because it shows Asymmetrical Balance. I chose this spot to take the picture because it isnt a usual spot where a lot of people notice how pretty a picture of it would look, the winding roads with trees over top show how unusual the photo turns out because of the winds in it. The left obviously has more trees on the left that stick out more than the right and the speed limit sign on the right isn't on the left as well as the winding on the left rather than the right. 

ISO 200 f/5.6 1/8 1/30 /125
Leading lines in this photo is being represented because the railroad is kind of like never ending and is getting smaller and smaller as it goes on, leading the eye to the other points in the image or out of, I took this picture because i/m obsessed with taking pictures of railroads I think every railroad looks different compared to one another and they all turn out unique. 

ISO 100 f/22 1/5.6 1/8 1/40
The flowers turned out beautiful I love the color of them and the vibrant green flower stems. I think of this photo was repetition because of the flowers and stem/leaves are all the same and there's more than just one. I loved the turn out of this photo because I love flowers. 

ISO 400 f/16 1/4 1/22 1/36
This photo I consider as Symmetrical Balance. The reflection of the water is sending back exactly what the trees look like along with the branches and the sunlight shining through making everything symmetrical. I used this photo because my cousins and I used to go tubing in creeks like these all the time when we were little and it was a fun throwback memory, and this creek is absolutely beautiful, especially at this time of the year. 

I really liked doing HDR Photography and I loved the way that all of my pictures turned out, I think the reason why is because there is a lot of detail that comes out from after everything is edited that you may have never seen with editing it regularly. I would definitely prefer HDR Photography over regular Photography. 


1 comment:

  1. Lucy Hummer
    Which picture goes with...
    Symmetrical balance The lake image

    Repetition / pattern The flowers

    Different point of view / perspective The railroad

    Asymmetrical balance The road

    Framing The view through the fence

    Lines (leading, diagonal, horizontal, vertical) The bench


    Which photo has the best composition? Why?
    The winding road has the best composition, because it leads the eye in and out of the photo. Also, the speed limit sign is a nice focal point right on the rule of thirds line.
    Which photo would you hang on your wall? Why?
    I would hang the railroad photo on my wall, because I really like the effect created from the HDR editing. Also, I really like the dynamic coloring in the railroad and the sky.
    Which photo could use a little work? What needs done? (composition/lighting/cropping/camera angle/camera technique)
    I think the framing shot could use a little work, because I think too much of the bush on the side takes much of the frame up. Also, you can tell that the sun it high in the sky by the blurry streaks in the upper part of the image.
    When looking at the entire set of images what do they say about the photographer? Can you determine anything about the person by looking at their photos? Do they tell a story or are they just a collection of images?
    I really enjoy all of these images together, because you can tell that they were all taken close to one another, and also a lot of thought was put into composition.
    I think almost all of the images are perfect as they are composition wise, but I think the editing on them is really well done.

    ReplyDelete